Previously, we had reported about Sony India’s launch event of 18th September, and as scheduled, Sony has released its new flagship Xperia Z1 in India at price of Rs. 44,990 (45k), Smartwatch 2 at cost of Rs. 14,990, Sony DSC QX10 and QX100 camera lens at Rs 12,990 and Rs. 24,990 respectively.
As introductory offer on Sony Xperia Z1, the company is offering free premium case worth Rs.2990, 5000mAh portable power bank and Xperia accidental damage insurance for the first 6 months. These freebies are in addition to 8GB data benefits over 2 months with Vodafone network. Moreover, users will get free download access to any five movies from Sony store. Although the launch MRP is about 45k, the effective MOP (best buy) is Rs. 43,890. It’ll be available online as well as in local stores starting today. At its launch, Sony stressed on the camera capabilities of Z1. It has 20.7-megapixel primary camera with Sony G lens with a 27mm wide angle f/2.0 aperture and custom 1/2.3″ Sony Exmor RS image sensor supported by BIONZ image processing engine. On the front, it has a 2-megapixel camera capable of 1080p shooting. Social live feature lets user live broadcast video from the device to Facebook. Info-eye is kind of visual search function. Timeshift burst mode captures 61 images in 2 seconds. AR effect presents range of customizable animations to allow users to create pictures via Sony’s SmartAR augmented reality technology. Other preloaded apps on this smartphone include media apps suite, Sony Music with unlimited access to song downloads, Sony Liv video streaming app and games from Gameloft. On the specifications side, Xperia Z1 boasts of immense powerhouse with Snapdragon 800 chipset. On the top it, it is IP55 and IP58 – certified making it dust and waterproof phone; and the additional benefit here is that it has micro-sd card slot to extend its inbuilt storage capacity unlike its predecessor Xperia Z.
Sony Xperia Z1 Specifications:
- Screen Size of 5 inch (12.7 cm).
- Display Resolution: 1920x1080
- Display Type: , Triluminous display, shatter-proof, scratch resistant
- CPU: 2.2GHz Quad Core processor
- There is 2 GB RAM.
- It comes with internal memory of 16 GB.
- WiFi- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: Yes, 4.0
- Primary Camera at the rear: 20.7 megapixel
- Front-facing camera- 2.2mp (1080p video recording)
- Out of box, it is loaded with Android 4.3 Jelly bean.
- Battery Juice of 3000mAh.
Sony Smartwatch 2 (SW2) is the successor to its previous generation smartwatch, which comes with certain improvements. It can be used to read emails, sms, text; check notifications, take calls and remotely take pictures using smartphone camera.
Sony SmartWatch 2 Specifications :
- It comes with 1.6 inch display with resolution of 220×176 pixels.
- It has transflective LCD display which is designed to provide more legibility in sunlight as well.
- Bluetooth 3.0 and NFC connectivity
- Aluminum body with wristband made of silicon or stainless steel
- Weight of 122.5 grams
- IP-57 certified for water resistance
- Micro-usb for charging
The two new camera lens units launched at the event are for smartphones. These can be attached to any modern android smartphone to turn your ordinary phone into full-fledged high-end camera device. They can also be connected to iPhone. To use these with smartphone, user has to install Sony’s PlayMemories Mobile app. These uses WiFi to pair with smartphone.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC QX10 Camera lens Specifications:
- 18.2 effective megapixel
- 1/2.3 type (7.76mm) Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Sony G Lens, with 7 groups (incl. 4 aspheric elements)
- Physical Dimensions – 62.4 x 61.8 x 33.3 mm
- Weight of 90 g for main unit, 105 g for battery & memory card.
- 630 mAh Sony NP-BN rechargeable battery
- Built-in Optical SteadyShot to counter camera shake.
- 10x optical zoom.
Sony DSC QX100 Camera lens Specifications:
- 20.2 megapixels 1.0 type (13.2 x 8.8mm) Exmor R CMOS sensor (similar to that present in Sony Cyber-shot RX100 II camera)
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T*, with 7 elements in 6 groups (4 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- F1.8(Wide angle)- F4.9 (Tele)
- 3.6x optical zoom, dedicated control ring for manual focus and zoom
- Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode for movies.
- powerful BIONZ image processor
- Physical Dimensions – 62.5 x 62.5 x 55.5 mm
- Weight of 165 g for main unit, 179 g for battery and memory card.
- 630 mAh Sony NP-BN rechargeable battery
Which of the following gadgets have managed to catch your attraction and appeal. Ready to loosen your pocket? Share with us your opinion or gadget shopping list in comments.