Now that advanced android based camera from Samsung i.e. Galaxy Camera is officially available in various attractive colors in several markets worldwide, lets see how can we root Samsung galaxy camera which runs on Android 4.1 Jelly bean os. You may wonder why rooting is required on this android camera. Well, if you really don’t feel the need of rooting, I’d advise you to stay away but if you like the benefits of a rooted android device, like the ability to alter system files, install such apps which specifically work with rooted devices, you should go ahead and give this tutorial a try.
- Fully charged Samsung Galaxy Camera
- Back up your device
- USB cable
- Disclaimer: Rooting process may be risky and hence you must proceed at your own risk.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Camera running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Download ODIN rooting software
- Download Chainfire Root package from here .
- Extract both the downloaded zip packages. Don’t extract .tar file inside it.
- On your Samsung Galaxy Camera, Go to Settings > Applications > Development and then turn USB debugging feature to ON state.
- Launch ODIN program from the ODIN folder.
- Turn Off Galaxy camera. Go to download mode by pressing volume down + camera button + power key simultaneously together.
- Once your android galaxy camera is in download mode, connect it to your computer using the usb cable.
- ODIN will detect it and show one box with port number in colored mode. Now click on PDA button in ODIN program and browse to the chainfire rooting package you downloaded and select .tar file from there.
- Click on Start button and wait for sometime. Your device will be flashed with the rooting package. ODIN will soon display the green status as PASS. Your Samsung galaxy camera will automatically start.
- TO check if it is successfully rooted, install any app from Google Play store which require root permission to operate or install Root Checker app.
I hope the above guide helped you. For more android guides, subscribe to our blog and connect with us on FB, Google Plus, Twitter. Learn more about features, specification and price of Samsung Galaxy Camera.