In our previous posts, we’ve written guide on how to update your Galaxy SII phone with Jellybean Android 4.1.2 official leaked firmware, now in this post, we’re going to learn how to root galaxy S2 phone running jelly bean android 4.1.2 firmware. We all know how rooting any device could be very helpful as it unlocks the potential of our device. Furthermore, certain advanced apps require root permission to work correctly. Hence if you’re on Jelly bean firmware on your s2 phone, follow our guide below to root your phone successfully. I’ve personally tested this method and it works very well.
- Backup your device (Not really required but precaution is always recommended).
- Make sure your phone is charged.
- Make sure your galaxy s2 phone is running Jelly bean android 4.1.2 XXLSJ firmware.
How to root Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ Jelly Bean firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2
- Download PhilZ-cwm6-XXLSJ-OXX-3.73-signed.zip file from here.
- Put this download file on your phone’s external sd card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Now start your phone in recovery mode by pressing volume up key + home + power button together simultaneously.
- Navigate to option – install zip from sdcard – by using volume up/down keys and then pressing power button on this option to select it.
- Select the downloaded file in your sd card. (To select, use power button. To navigate up and down, use volume keys)
- It’ll start the flashing process. Once done. Go back and reboot device .
- Upon start, your phone will show a notification that it is being upgraded. Done.
- You’ll see a new app called SuperSu installed on your phone.
- TO check whether your galaxy s2 phone is rooted or not, start any app which require root permission or install root checker from google play store and launch this app. Tap of Verify root. When it asks permission, tap on grant button. It’ll show you that your phone is rooted.
- You can log into recovery mode again to see the new CWM6 based touch-enabled recovery mode which has replaced the stock recovery mode. You won’t see any yellow triangle on start.
We’ve also published a video review of jelly bean on galaxy s2. Subscribe to our channel on YouTube for more videos.
18 Replies to “How to root Samsung Galaxy S2 phone on Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ firmware”
Rooting process went successful, it took 3 minutes to root the smatrphone. Hats off guys
I’m new to android and smartphones but I do have a basic know how of things. I recently bought Galaxy S Duos. Can that be rooted to use the Jelly Bean 4.1.2? If yes, then how?
Rooting is done not to use another firmware.. Rooting allows you to install certain apps which require root permission to work.. Galaxy S Duos come with Ice Cream Sandwich i.e. Android 4.0.3 or 4.0.4 firmware.. Unless there is official update of Jelly bean available, you won’t get it..
Thanks. Works just fine.
What about LX6 firmware of 4.1.2…can we root it using ur method???
LS6 or LX6? XXLS6 is the same firmware as XXLSJ so it works for XXLS6 also.
Wonderful! It worked like a charm you just saved my day. :-)
How about XXMS2
Thanks bro for sharing..i found u first on internet to share rooting of 4.1.2…done…
The S2 with rainbox rom V8.2 JB XXLSJ can be rooted with your procedure?. Is it a good choice?
i m getting an error
E:Signature Verification Failed
what to do?
can it root my version of xwlst
Must i unzip the file before putting it onto my phone’s SD card?
hi i followed the steps
after restarting it was hanged at boot screen
plz help me out
Go to download mode and flash JB firmware again with ODIN program.
How about XXMS2
Rooting process successful, but my phone have problem to load help me