The phone you’ve been waiting for all your life, craving for it, is finally here – Micromax A115 Canvas 3D – I’m joking. My previous statement is in sense of irony! It looks like that Micromax’s marketing team has been very active and creative these days. You’ll understand how! Micromax has launched Canvas 3D A115 android smartphone touting its 3D capabilities. Now this strikes me – 3D on a phone like this appears more of marketing gimmick than any real-use valuable. We know how we Indians are more inched towards 3D and related pop-out effects. In fact, even if many people don’t understand real 3D, the way Canvas 3D will be marketed, we see it has approached consumers from the right corner. It doesn’t even have HD screen and it’s promising 3D. Well, we’ll leave the so-called ‘Naked eye 3D’ in this phone and its real-life testing to reviewers, let’s quickly check out all other features that this android phone promises at price tag of Rs. 9,999. This phone has 1GHz dual core Microtek processor inside coupled with 512mb of RAM. The primary camera is just of 5mp which can capture photos of 1920*2560 resolution. It comes with the latest Android 4.1.2 out of box.
- 5 inch display with wvga resolution (800*480 pixels) – capacitive multi-touchscreen with Naked 3D eye technology.
- Microtek (MT6577) 1 GHz dual-core processor with 512mb RAM
- 5 megapixel camera with vga video-recording (3GP, 640*480 video resolution), with flash and autofocus.
- 0.3 mp front camera
- 200mAh battery
- 4GB internal memory (0.93 user-available only), support for external micro-sd of max 32GB capacity.
- Sensors – Proximity, Gravity, Motion.
- Dual SIM with dual standby
- 3G on single sim
- GPRS/EDGE/3G supported
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS
Since, this is just news report, not a review post, we can’t comment much on the actual real-life performance of Micromax Canvas 3D A115 smartphone. One thing for sure, Micromax has gradually strengthened and has established its canvas series in the market.