Samsung has started rolling out android firmwre update for its dual-sim variant of Galaxy Grand android smartphone. The update is pushed to Russia for Galaxy Grand Duos. It’ll be gradually available in other Asian countries as well, including India. Russian firmware can also be flashed by users of other countries. To Flash this android 4.2.2 JB update for galaxy grand duos, download I9082XXUBMGA the firmware file from here and use ODIN program to flash the same on your handset.
What’s new in Android 4.2.2. Firmware update for Galaxy Grand Duos:
- Support for lockscreen widgets
- Advanced toggles menu and buttons.
- Daydream screensaver
- improved apps and task switching.
- Few internal tweaks and enhancements for performance, battery optimization.
It’s been also reported that Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos will not receive Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update in future.
On another similar note, HTC, the Taiwanese company, has also rolled out Android 4.2.2 update for HTC One X+. This update is available over OTA in Taiwan and will be gradually rolled out in other Asian countries including India. This new update brings some of the interesting elements from HTC One, the flagship handset of the company, this year.
What’s new in Android 4.2.2 Firmware update for HTC One X+ :
- Blinkfeed Homescreen
- Sense 5 UI
- A new lockscreen called as electronic gadgets
- Sleep mode switch for better battery backup.
- Battery percentage display meter in status bar.
- QuickSettings panel with two finger swipe downwards.
- Camera app updates (long tap locks exposure and focus, video highlights feature)
- Other internal improvements.