Micromax has launched a new 7-inch tablet in its popular Funbook series. This tablet has nothing new in terms of specification, except for the presence of inbuilt sim card slot supporting 3G network. Micromax Funbook P-560 3G tablet comes with voice-calling as well as video-calling feature, along with built-in 3G/2G network support. Rest of specs are of the standard similar to other tablets of this range. This tablet is available online on Infibeam for price of Rs.8,999.
It has Cortex A5 1GHz single core Qualcomm processor, along with Adreno 200 GPU. The screen resolution, you guessed it, is wvga 800*480 pixels. It comes with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. 4GB of internal memory is there with support for exteral micro-sd card. Bluetooth 3.0, WiFi are also present. It has sim card slot for inserting sim cards of 2G or 3G network to access internet or for calling purposes. It also has a front camera of 0.3mp and rear camera of 2 megapixel.
Specifications of Micromax Funbook 3G P-560 Tablet:
- 7 inch capacitive display
- WVGA Resolution (800*480) – We don’t know for how long, domestic brands will stick to this resolution as it has become pretty standard for all 7-inch tablets from Indian companies these days.
- 4GB internal memory ( 2.5GB available to user), External memory card supported – We’ve not expected something higher either.
- 2 megapixel rear camera, 0.3 megapixel front camera.
- Inbuilt sim-card slot for 2G/3G network with voice calling, video-calling, GPRS, EDGE, 3G support
- 3G speed upto 7.2mbps.
- 1GHz Qualcomm MSM7227-A chipset
- 512mb RAM (We hoped something better, but things don’t change easily.)
- Adreno 200 GPU
- WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0, USB connectivity options
- 3000 mAh Battery
- Android 4.0.4 – (Why not Jelly Bean?)
As I said earlier not to expect anything new. Micromax Funbook 3G P-560 tablet price is set at Rs.8,999 INR and is currently available from infibeam. It might start selling on other online retailers as well as in retail local markets.