[sch t=”m” i=”duration” c=”PT0M53S”][sch t=”m” i=”thumbnail” c=”https://techotv.com/wp-content/uploads/thumbnail/twrp-android-4-4-i9500.jpg”]
[sch i=”description” c=”In this video tut, we’ve shown you how to install CWM or TWRP recovery on Android 4.4.2 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 model. This method is applicable on all Kitkat firmwares of all countries. Before following this tutorial, make sure your phone is rooted”] (instructions for Rooting android 4.4 on GS4 I9500). The installation is pretty simple. Either of these custom recovery is needed if you want to install third-party custom ROMs or access advanced features/options like full nandroid backup, etc.
- Download the latest TWRP recovery for Kitkat for GS4 I9500 from here or CWM recovery for Android 4.4.2 from here (I recommend TWRP recovery).
- Turn off your phone and start in download mode (volume down+home+power keys together)
- Launch ODIN program (if you don’t have ODIN program, download it from here), click on pda and navigate to the downloaded file. Click on Start button then.
- Once PASS message is displayed. Disconnect the phone.
- Installation is successful. You can test the same by entering into recovery mode by pressing volume up+home +power buttons simultaneously for few moments in switched off state of your phone.
If you encounter any issue, post here in comment section..