Herds of windows 8 tablets based on Intel Atom processor (Z2760) are coming our way and we’re damn confused as which one to buy because all these tablets are alike in all major specifications, but with few minor differences. All these tablets have almost same screen size, resolution, storage capacity, processor capacity, RAM, sensors, etc. They vary in minor criteria like form factor, ease of use, build quality, presence of ports. Most of these differences are noticeable in person, when you get your hands on one of these tablets. So, to minimize the confusion, we’ve made this comparison table of all windows 8 tablets from major brands running on Intel ATOM Z2760 processor.
- The main difference you’ll notice in the comparison tablet given below is in the thickness and weight but usually, there is about 10% difference. Now you’ve to ask yourself, if you own 100g phone, your friend owns 110g phone; the minute difference of 10g really affects the weight in person? Likewise, if a tablet weights 550g , another one weighs 600g; in real when you’re holding both the tablets, you’ll less likely feel the weight difference. So, the physical dimension should not be the only standing point for making your buying decision unless there is strong or major difference. So keep this though in your mind.
- Moreover, if you’re going to use detachable keyboard dock, you should find out its weight as well because we’ve seen remarkable differences in keyboard docks from these brands, also in the keyboard dock features, quality, dimension.
- The keyboard dock provided with these tablets from the companies may also house extra battery in it and so adding more life to your tablet computing when attached with keyboard. So make sure you take this also in mind, whether you need it or not. If not available in the desired brand, what other option do they have for extra battery support.
- Consider aesthetics, ease of use, convenience also in mind. You want a tablet that looks beautiful, that feels slim, that can be easily attached with the keyboard dock and used like a regular ultrabook. The dockable keyboard should feel easy to use.
- Presence of Ports especially USB port on tablet. You must know what ports are available on your win 8 tablet. Most of these tablets given below vary among themselves in ports quantity. So this is major concern to look into when buying windows 8 tablet. Even some of them don’t have usb port on tablet. USB port is present on the dockable/detachable keyboard, but not on the tablet body itself. So, you should see if you need a tablet with USB port inbuilt or you can go ahead with a tablet with usb ports on the attachable keyboard.
- Now, consider price, availability, service and support issues. How easily its accessories are available. What’s the total price of the windows tablet along with the keyboard dock and required accessories.
The above points are main fields of differences among the given Intel Atom Z2760 processor based windows 8 tablets from Dell, HP, Lenovo, Samsung, Asus.
- We’ve tried our best to ensure that the specifications given below are 100% accurate, but mistakes might be there. To add to that, some brands also issue two or more variants (models) under the same name with difference in part number. Hence, while buying online or in offline market (retail stores), read the complete specification chart once again.
- We’ve also tried to include as much information to ensure you get full specifications of these tablets but certain information about certain tablets are not available, hence it doesn’t mean that the particular tablet doesn’t have that feature. So, inquire about it further from the seller or company’s helpline number before buying to make sure that you’re getting the wanted feature.
- The price and availability vary from market to market. Some of the tablets may not be available in your area. If words of these companies are to be believed, all these tablets should be available from January, 2013 in major markets worldwide. You can always buy these online as well.
- We’ve not listed those windows 8 tablets in the comparison/difference table below, which are running on Intel Core i5/i7 processors, because those tablets clearly differentiate themselves from atom based tablets in performance, battery life, dimension, form factor, display, price etc. So, we’ll publish another article comparing windows 8 tablets from various brands running on Intel core i5/i7 processors.
Comparison – Dell Latitude 10 VS Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T VS Acer Iconia W510 VS Asus VivoTab VS Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 VS HP Envy X2
|Name||Acer Iconia W510||Asus VivoTab||Dell Latitude 10||HP Envy x2||Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2||Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T|
|Screen Resolution||1366x768 pixels, CineCrystal display tech, active matrix, IPS||1366x768 pixels, IPS||1366x768 pixels, 10-point multi-touch, IPS||1366x768 pixels, IPS display Brightview||1366x768 pixels, IPS, anti-glare, 5-point multitouch||768,400nitsSuperbrightdisplaytechx1366 pixels|
|Pixel Density||155 ppi||135 ppi||155 ppi||135 ppi||155 ppi||135 ppi|
|Height||7.3 inch||7.43 inch||7.0 inch||8.12 inch||6.9 inch||7.2 inch|
|Width||10.2 inch||11.6 inch||10.8 inch||11.93 inch||10.1 inch||11.6 inch|
|Thickness||0.4 inch||0.34 inch||0.4 inch||0.34 inch||0.38 inch|
|Weight||1.32 lb or 599 g||1.48 lb or 675 g||1.45 lb or 658 g||1.5 lb or 700 g||1.25 lb or 565 g||1.65 lb or 748.5 g|
|Processor||Intel Atom Z2760||Intel Atom Z2760||Intel Atom Z2760||Intel Atom Z2760||Intel Atom Z2760||Intel Atom Z2760|
|Processor Speed||1.8GHz Dual core||1.8GHz Dual core||1.8GHz Dual core||1.8GHz Dual core||1.8GHz Dual core||1.8GHz Dual core|
|Graphics||Integrated Intel graphics||Integrated Intel graphics||Integrated Intel graphics||Integrated Intel graphics||Intel® Integrated HD SGX545 GFx||Integrated Intel® SGX545 Graphics Media Accelerator|
|RAM||2 GB||2 GB||2 GB||2 GB||2 GB||2 GB|
|Internal Storage||64 GB eMMC||64 GB eMMC||64 GB SSD||64 GB eMMC||32/64 GB eMMC models||64 GB eMMC|
|Memory Card||Micro SD card slot||Micro SD card slot||Micro SD card slot||Micro SD card slot||Micro SD card slot||Micro SD card slot|
|WiFi||802.11 a/b/g/n||802.11 a/b/g/n||Dell Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n||802.11 a/b/g/n||802.11 a/b/g/n||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Bluetooth||Yes, 4.0||Yes, 4.0||Yes, 4.0||Yes, 4.0||Yes, 4.0||Yes, 4.0|
|4G||No||No||No||No||Available in some variant||No|
|Camera||8 megapixel||8 megapixel||8 megapixel||8 megapixel||8 megapixel||No|
|Video Recording Quality||HD||Full HD 1080p||HD||Full HD 1080p||Full HD 1080p||HD|
|Front Camera||2mp||2mp HD||HD||Full HD 10||2mp HD||2mp HD|
|Release Date||December 2012||December 2012||December 2012||December 2012||December 2012||December 2012|
|OS||Windows 8 Pro||Windows 8||Windows 8 Pro||Windows 8 Pro||Windows 8 Pro||Windows 8|
|Price||$799.99||$679.99||Rs 53990 | $749.99|
We’ve not included HP ElitePad 900 in the above table because ElitePad 900 has lower resolution i.e. 1280*800, so you can not enjoy Snap feature of Windows 8 via which you can have two windows 8 apps on the screen side by side. Rest of the specs are almost same with the tablets listed here.
I hope this article helped you make your choice. We’d appreciate if you like and share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. If you’ve any doubt or confusion, feel free to ask us via comments. We do reply to every comments, because we care more for our readers. Happy Shopping !