Yu Yureka is a wonderful phone and most of its charm can be easily attributed to its amazingly affordable price. Price-to-specs conduct of Yureka makes it a much valuable and sought-after smartphone, and this is the reason we can easily turn blind eye to its demerits or cons or deficiency. Cyanogen OS is another attractive feature of Yureka but it has its own share of bugs, which will be fixed/sorted out in the next OTA update. This post summarizes all such Yureka defects/demerits/bugs/problems. If you’re facing any of these, you’re not alone.
1. in-call display issue/proximity sensor bug: Some of the Yureka units have been plagued by this problem (I have not faced this but my friend did on his yu phone). During call, the display turns off, goes black/blank and never wakes, even if you press power button, until call disconnects. This seems to be proximity sensor issue. Some of the users of affected phones have already reported this issue to Yu customer support team and on official Yu forum. The support team is working on releasing software based fix. So, wait for OTA software update and install firmware ota update whenever available. While some users report this to be hardware issue, not a software bug. One of the affected users has suggested a fix, citing poor assembly of components or dirt trapped near proximity sensor as probable cause, that the three screws on the back should be tightened and the user should try blowing air near 3.5mm audio jack. So you may try this method to fix this particular issue. You may also return the defective unit to amazon if you’ve not surpassed 10-days of usage and get refund so you could buy Yureka in its next sale, as Amazon doesn’t provide replacement, but amazon does host exclusive sale (one day prior to the scheduled sale) for those amazon accounts in which Yureka was returned or the order was cancelled. In fact, one of my friends was suggested by Yureka customer support to return the defective unit and try buying in the next sale, or you may request for support-service under warranty.
Update: Try fixing proximity sensor issues on Yureka by dialing *#*#7769#*#* and then start calibration. While it is being run, place your hand over proximity sensor i.e. top part of your phone and then hit on stop button after sometime. Report if this solves your issue.
2. Yureka sim card slot issues– Some of the users (including the author of this article) have also faced problems with the second sim card slot. Issues like sim card not being detected or no network signal when sim inserted in second sim card slot. If sim card is not detected in the 2nd sim slot, exchange the sim cards with the first sim slot. Try adjusting sim card little sideways within the slot to ensure the chip on sim card is properly in contact with the points in sim card slot of your phone. If none of the two methods works, get a new micro-sim card from your operator as those normal sim cards cut using micro-sim cutter face detection issues. For no network signal issue, go to network settings and do manual search for network, then select the network of your sim card. This fix has been helpful for some users.
There is also software based bug for network mode. I have personally experienced this i.e. network mode doesn’t change in reality even if I select 3g mode. So, to force your particular sim card to switch to 3g only mode, first deactivate/disable other sim card on Yureka from setting> sim cards menu. Then dial *#*#4636#*#* > phone information. Tap on Turn off radio button and wait until the button reads turn on radio. Select WCDMA only from dropdown menu above the button. Wait a few seconds. Now tap on Turn on Radio button. Your desired sim card will successfully connect to 3G network. Now go to settings and sim card option and activate the disabled sim card as well. You may need to manually search for network signal if no network is shown. Also you may need to restart the device. If in 3g mode, your phone doesn’t connect to internet, Go to apn setting to ensure correct apn is selected. Sometimes APN menu might not show any installed network settings, in such case, just restart the handset. All these network related issues will be hopefully solved in the next Yureka ota software/firmware update.
3. Camera – If you’re getting “can’t connect to camera” error (I haven’t faced this issue, but some users reported this). Just hold camera icon and drag it to app info, hit on clear cache/data button and then launch camera. It should work.
3. Sound Volume – Low Sound. Playing Music on Yureka loudspeaker will not appeal to many as the sound output is low. Sometimes sound plays muffled as well, depending upon the type of track you’re playing. If the sound output is distorting kinda, Go to audiofx app and disable it on speaker mode.
In-call sound is great but if you get low sound in earpiece, make sure in-call volume is at its peak. There is volume controls bug as well for in-call sound. During call, if the user tries to lower the volume, the volume slider moves but the volume level in reality is not lowered. I have also faced this bug. So, wait for software update, hopefully, these issues will be fixed.
4. Display preference– Display of Yureka is awesome in my opinion, looks deep, dark, rich in colors, kinda saturated as well. However you may not like it. Well, you can lessen such effect by turning off adaptive backlight to increase display brightness and disabling color enhancement in display in settings. Try these and see if the new changed display properties suit your eyes.
5. 99% battery bug – The battery is stuck at 99% (on my Yureka as well). It’s a software bug. The percentage display in status bar never goes to 100% but the phone is fully charged. Wait for upcoming software ota update.
6. Yureka Earphone/Headphone bug – Sometimes, after inserting 3.5mm audio jack of your headphone or earphone jack, Yureka doesn’t detect it. If you play music, it plays on phone loudspeaker instead of routing the sound to headset. On the other hand, if playing in earphone, it doesn’t play on loudspeaker even after removing earphone. In a nutshell, it sometimes fails to detect plugging or unplugging of headphone jack. The author of this post has also encountered this problem. If it doesn’t detect plugging of your headphone jack, just unplug it and plug it again but this time do it faster and make sure it is fully inserted in audio jack. If it doesn’t detect unplugging of earphone jack and you’re unable to play music on loudspeaker, just plug your earphone and unplug it again and then it will detect unplugging and then you’ll be able to play your audio file on loudspeaker as well. If none of the suggested methods work, rebooting/restarting your device by pressing power button and selecting the appropriate option is your last resort, and it definitely works. These issues are software related bugs so it’ll be probably fixed in ota update.
7. Dual sim dialer – The default dialer in Yureka doesn’t have two call buttons, one for each sim card. Instead, you can set in settings>sim cards>Voice calls> Always ask. Here you can also set sim1 or sim2 as the default for all outgoing voice calls. Always ask preference is good, but it makes the user tap once more to select the sim card after hitting on call button in dialer. If you set a particular sim as the default and for some reason you want to make a particular call from not-default sim card, you need to go to sim card setting to alter the default or select always ask as the option. So, this is hassling process. To solve this, we either need two call buttons in dialer for each sim card or a toggle button in notification toggle window to easily change/switch the default sim card. We hope such improvement to be made in future Cyanogen software update.
8. Certain Apps crashing: If PlayStore, gallery or some other inbuilt apps crashes, I have not experienced these kind of issues, the solution is to clear cache/data of that particular app by holding the app icon and dragging it to app info label and then clearing its cache. I do have experienced “android.process.acore stopped working” error but one or two times only. If that doesn’t help, factory reset might help.
9. Battery backup issues: Some users have also reported horrible battery life on Yureka. This could be due to several reasons. So, the best way to solve this is to find whether there is defect in battery or due to some software based reasons. Make sure your phone is set to balanced performance mode, and no third-party apps keep it awake all time. Hopefully, software update might further increase battery life. Do tell us how much of battery juice you’re able to get on your Yureka in comment section below.
10. Unable to access internet/mobile data on Yureka: Some users are also not able to use mobile data to access internet on Yureka. For them, only whatsapp is working, webpages don’t open in browser. TO troubleshoot this issue, Go to setting>mobile networks>Access points and make sure your network apn setting profile is listed and selected there. If it isn’t, restart your handset and then create a new apn profile yourself. If apn profile is listed, enter that profile and make sure there is nothing written in proxy/port option of the apn profile (delete whatever is written in proxy/port option of apn profile). This should solve your mobile data based internet issues.
11. Worst Customer Support : Yu door to door service is joke. It is worse than carry-in service provided by other brands. Their customer support structure is wreck and full of issues. The customer support team itself is not efficient. You can read the horrific experience provided by Yu Support in this article here.
12. You tell me: If you’re facing any such issues, or discovered some new problems or bugs in Yureka, do notify us in comments. We’d try to help you solve the same or report it. Also read our article on Yureka top 10 plus tips
ALSO KEEP CHECKING FOR YUREKA CYANOGEN OTA UPDATE BY GOING TO SETTING> ABOUT PHONE>SYSTEM UPDATE> CHECK NOW. HOPEFULLY, MOST OF THE BUGS WOULD BE FIXED IN UPDATE.