Earlier, we had provided you tutorial and guide on how to update your galaxy s2 smartphone with official leaked test version of Jelly Bean Android 4.1.2 (XXLSJ) about 1 month ago. But, now official version of Jelly Bean android for Galaxy S2 smartphone has been released for Spain users and this firmware can be flashed on any galaxy s2 phone from any country. The flashing process is the same. Watch the video above for step by step video guide on how to flash galaxy s2 phone with this firmware (XWLS8).
Table of Contents
- Fully charged Galaxy S2 smartphone (Be serious and charge your device before proceeding).’
- USB data cable
- Risk – Sometimes unfortunately, things may not work well and your phone might be bricked or might stop working. So proceed at your own risk.
Flash Samsung Galaxy S2 with XWLS8 Jelly Bean firmware
- Download I9100XWLS8_I9100FOPLS3_FOP.zip firmware file from here or here. The first link is resume supported (you can use download manager also to download XWLS8 jelly bean firmware for galaxy s2, because it’s a big file about (approx.) 541mb) whereas the second link is of hotfile. Both links direct to the same file so download from your preferred link.
- Download ODIN for Galaxy S2 from here.
- Extract the downloaded files in step 1 and 2.
- Turn off phone.
- GO to Download Mode on your phone by pressing volume down + home + power button together. Watch the video above if you’re having problems going into download mode on your phone.
- Connect phone to computer via usb cable.
- Launch ODIN program. Hit on PDA button and browse to the extracted firmware folder and select the file – I9100XWLS8_I9100XXLS8_I9100FOPLS3_HOME.tar.md5.
- Hit on Start button.
- Wait for few minutes. After successful completion of firmware upgrade process, ODIN will display PASS message.
- The phone will reboot. It’ll take a lot of time for everything to be setup.
- In most cases, it won’t wipe anything. All your apps, data, files remain intact and safe, but in some cases, it may do a factory reset automatically.
- You might feel lags and errors with few apps installed on your phone.
- Go to phone settings and about phone. Check if the new firmware version is indicated there i.e. in Baseband version (I9100XXLS8).
- Work on your phone for sometime. Then restart your phone by turning it off and starting again.
- Let the phone start successfully. Have patience..
- Now after sometime, start operating your galaxy s2 phone. This time, you won’t feel lag of any kind and everything will work flawlessly.
- Certain apps might still produce error. Just uninstall those apps and reinstall those apps.
- Play books, Play movies are new apps installed by default on this firmware. Rest of the apps, features are similar to that of the leaked test jelly bean firmware, like Smart Stay, Smart Dial, Pop up video, shortcuts on lockscreen, etc. Multi-window feature is still not there.