[sch t=”m” i=”duration” c=”PT4M24S”][sch t=”m” i=”thumbnail” c=”https://techotv.com/wp-content/uploads/thumbnail/xwls8-xxls8-jelly-bean-root-s2.jpg”]
[sch i=”description” c=”Watch the video on how to root XWLS8 or XXLS8 android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware on Galaxy S2. After rooting, you’ll be able to install such apps which require root access. Also, the recovery mode will be changed with touch features and CWM version.”] Note: This is not for upgrading, Check the recommended articles section below for link on how to update to jellybean on galaxy s2.
- Download Root package for XWLS8 or XXLS8 jellybean firmware from here.
- After downloading the file, copy the file onto external sd card on your phone.
- Now turn off phone and start in recovery mode. To start phone in recovery mode, hold volume up+home+power buttons together for few seconds until Samsung logo appears.
- Now use volume up/down key to select Install update from External storage and press power button to choose this option.
- Now, select the root zip package you downloaded in step 1. It should be: PhilZ-cwm6-XXLS8-FOP-4.00-b22-signed.zip
- Done, within few seconds, phone will be successfully rooted. Reboot now.
- Watch the video above for complete demo of rooting process.