Samsung Galaxy S3 users enjoy ripple effect on their lockscreen and several other features. While most of the galaxy s3 features like pop-up play, smart dial, smart stay have been included in the official Jelly Bean firmware update for Galaxy S2, yet we don’t have ripple effect on galaxy s2 lockscreen. So, here in this guide, we’ll see how to add ripple effect on Galaxy S2 lockscreen.
- Galaxy S2 phone running official android 4.1.2 OS – Jelly Bean XWLS8 or XXLS8 firmware. (If you’re on different firmware, check our guide to update galaxy s2 with xwls8 jellybean firmware)
- CWM recovery mode installed with root access. (If you don’t have CWM recovery, check our guide to get CWM recovery on JellyBean Galaxy S2 phone along with Root access with Philz Touch 4).
- Proceed at your own risk.
How to get Ripple Effect on Galaxy S2 Lock screen:
- Download Ripple Effect mod for Galaxy S2 phone running stock JellyBean XWLS8 firmware from here.
- Copy the downloaded file in above step to external memory card of your phone. Do not extract the zip file, just copy it.
- Turn off your phone.
- Start your phone in recovery mode by pressing volume up+home+power buttons together for some time.
- Choose Install Zip and then select Choose Zip from SD Card.
- Now select the copied file from the sd card (Ripple-Effect.zip) and then select option Yes.
- The ripple effect mod for galaxy s2 will be applied.
- Now select Reboot System Now.
- Upon phone start, it’ll display Android is upgrading notification and then android is optimizing apps. This will take time depending upon number of installed apps on your phone.
- As your phone is ready. Go to phone settings and then lockscreen and then lockscreen options. Scroll down and you’ll see a new option Ripple Effect already ticked. Untick it and lock the screen, the ripple effect will be disabled. Enable it again by going to lockscreen settings.
- Congratulations! Now enjoy ripple effect on galaxy s2 lockscreen, but there is no sound on ripple effect!
Subscribe to our website and connect with us on Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter to get more such exciting android modding guide and tips for your galaxy s2 smartphones.