Not often but very problematic could be Google Chrome for windows users occasionally. Many users face Google Chrome installation problems especially when they try to reinstall Chrome on their windows computer. The infamous error – “Installation failed. Google Chrome installer failed to start”. Such a deterrent dialog box comes with just a close button. There is no hint on how to fix the issue. Google is notoriously reluctant to providing support for their free software and services. Browsing through Google Chrome forums suggest such occurrence of such issues for several users, yet Google has not fixed it “once for all”. I wonder if they would ever fix such common installation issues. Anyways, after researching a bit, I found this solution. One of the given solutions shall certainly work for you so try any or all of these fixes possible to get rid of the Google Chrome installation error:
- Launch Regedit program by typing regedit in run box. (Right click on Start button on Windows8.1 and choose run, or press win key+r on other windows os).
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Google. Select Google in the left pane and press delete button.
- Likewise, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Google. Delete it. (This may not be present)
- On 64-bit Windows OS, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Wow6432node>Google. Delete it.
- After deleting these keys, start Google Chrome installer or setup file again or run it as administrator. The installation shall complete without error. If you still face error, you should keep the regedit open and launch the installer and delete the reg keys mentioned in the above steps when the installer starts.
After trying all or any of the suggested fixes above, you should be able to install Google Chrome on your system without problems. If you still face any problem or error, feel free to contact us in comments and we’ll try our best to provide you with working solution suited to your case.