Windows 8 is officially released for the general public and you can purchase it either online from Microsoft website or from retail stores. Existing windows users can opt to upgrade their pc with windows 8 for a low fee of $39.99 USD or Rs.1,999 INR instead of paying the full price. But with the trick shared in this post, you can just upgrade your system with windows 8 for a very low or say the cheapest price of just $ 12.99 USD or Rs.699 INR. So, you can save a great deal of money by following this easy and legit trick as the original retail price of Windows 8 Pro (Full Version) – OEM is $140.
How to buy/upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $12.99 USD
This will work for limited time so get it as early as possible before it is actually closed. This only works if you’re trying it on Windows pc/laptop and not on mobile or other devices.
- GO to Windows Upgrade website here .
- Choose your country or select India (because I’ve checked it and it works fine for India). Countries are organized under continents. Hit on Continue button on the next screen.
- Enter your personal information.
- In the section titled – Windows 7 PC Purchase Information, enter the purchase date to any date which is about 25 days earlier to the current date. You don’t need to enter your original purchase date of computer because the same won’t be verified. Just fill purchase date with any date within 1 month. In the model, brand and retailer section, Select Other in Computer brand name, enter any model and the name of any shop. For example – I entered in my case – Other Brand, XPS model, Amazon in retailer.
- Continue. An email will be sent to you with a discount coupon code. In the email received, there is link to windows 8 upgrade assistant. Download the software.
- After downloading windows 8 upgrade assistant, launch it. The assistant will make a thorough check of your current system configuration and install programs/softwares and would notify you of the incompatible apps and solutions. Proceed ahead and then it’ll display you windows 8 order screen.
- On the windows 8 order screen, the price will be shown as $ 39.99 USD or Rs1,999 . Don’t worry, press on the Order button. We’ll use the discount coupon code later when making payment.
- Now choose the payment method i.e. Paypal or Credit card and proceed ahead.
- Now on this screen, you’ll see a box where you can enter promo/discount coupon code. Just enter the coupon code you received in your email earlier and proceed with the payment.
- When payment is done i.e. successful, the windows 8 upgrade assistant will show you windows 8 serial key and will also mail you the order details along with windows 8 pro serial key. Print it or note it on a piece of paper because we’ll need it during installation.
- It will then start downloading windows 8 os. This may take several hours depending upon your internet connection speed.
- After successful download, proceed with installation by following the instructions as presented. During installation process, if you want to save or backup the windows 8 iso file downloaded by windows 8 upgrade assistant to dvd or hard disk, You can choose Install by creating media option and in the next step, choose USB Flash drive or ISO file option. If you choose ISO file, you can use our windows 8 bootable usb guide to install it from USB or burn the iso file to dvd for fresh installation or backup purpose.
This Windows Upgrade offer is really cool but is limited to January 31, 2013 so utilize it before the offer expires. I don’t know if such a trick is intentionally allowed or just a loophole but it’ll surely attract more customers to go for original version of windows 8 rather than pirated editions. I upgraded my windows os to windows 8 for just $12.99 USD, so this tricks work for sure, otherwise I would not have published it on my blog. What about you?
Update: The above mentioned trick works no more if you do not have valid windows 7 serial key, first activated between June 2, 2012 and 31 January, 2013..
Get/Download Media Center Pack for Free for Windows 8 Pro
As you know that Microsoft is not providing Windows Media Center pack (required for dvd playback, tv broadcast – Home theater enthusiast ) by default on windows 8 Pro. You need to buy Media Center Pack for windows 8 Pro, but for a limited period, Media Center Pack can be added to any Windows 8 Pro for free officially by following this method below. Get this free offer as soon as possible before the offer expires on/after January 31, 2012.
Go to this page here to sign up for Media Center Pack free for Windows 8 Pro.
Within 24 hours, you’ll receive promotion code on your email address. (Note: the promotion code is not delivered instantly).
After you’ve received the promotion code, follow these steps below to add Media Center pack to your existing windows 8 installation :
- Search for Add Features in search box which can be accessed by swiping/clicking in from upper right corner of screen.
- Choose settings and then select Add features option.
- In it, choose I already have a product key/promotion code.
- Enter your product key/promotion code details and click Next.
- Accept the license terms and then click Add features. Done!
- It’ll download and add Media Center pack to windows 8 pro.