Are you facing connection problems with your hue bulbs and echo plus? Is your alexa device not discovering philips hue bulb? One of the easiest way to fix such problems is to reset hue bulb. If you have philips hue bridge, resetting is easy.
When should you reset Philips Hue Bulb?
- If your philips hue bulb is not being discovered by alexa devices.
- If your hue bulb is already paired with a different echo device or hue bridge and you want to pair it again with desired echo device. (This is more common issue. When you buy hue bulbs, there are chances that it might have been returned by a different customer who had already paired it with their smart home hub, in such a case, that bulb will not be discovered by your echo device, so you need to reset it to start afresh)
- If your hue bulb is facing sync or color issues.
- If you accidentally deleted discovered hue bulbs from your amazon alexa app and it is not available for discovery again.
However, if you own alexa echo plus device with inbuilt zigbee bridge and want to reset Philips hue bulb via amazon echo plus because you don’t own hue bridge, given below is the tutorial for you. This is useful if you are facing pairing problem with echo plus and hue bulb or if your echo plus isn’t discovering hue bulb.
How to reset Philips Hue bulb via Amazon Echo Plus
- Launch Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Swipe right to reveal menu or tap on menu button.
- Go to Add Device
- From the list of device types, Select Light.
- Select Other from list of brands mentioned.
- Do NOT tap on Discover devices yet. Instead …
- Tap on Help icon (question mark) on top right corner.
- On this page now, Tap on RESET PHILIPS HUE LIGHT link under Connect Lights subheading on the page.
- Enter serial number of the hue bulb you’re trying to connect. The serial number is printed on the bottom part of the hue bulb. Look closely and note it down. Plug the bulb back into its socket and ensure bulb is turned on, before hitting continue button.
- Tap on Continue button. Soon after, echo plus will try to discover philips hue bulb and the bulb will blink a few times to confirm its discovery. Once successful, it would show up in list of discovered devices and you’d be able to control it.
- Repeat the procedure to add more hue bulbs which aren’t being discovered by alexa.
If you still face any issue, put your issue in comments below and I’d give my brain.