[sch t=”m” i=”duration” c=”PT5M02S”][sch t=”m” i=”thumbnail” c=”http://techotv.com/wp-content/uploads/thumbnail/root-galaxy-s-advance-android-jelly-bean-4-1-2.jpg”]
In our previous article and video, we showed you how to update your Samsung Galaxy S Advance with latest official jelly bean release. [sch i=”description” c=”In this video, we show you how to root Jelly bean android 4.1.2 on Galaxy S Advance. Rooting is not required for everybody. If you don’t know what rooting is, stay away. Rooting gives you or any app complete access to system-critical files.”] Certain apps on Google Play Store work only when your phone is rooted. Let’s see how can we root Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy S Advance phone: (This Jelly Bean Root method works for all JB firmwares for Advance (I9070 model) including Indian JB update).
- Download this JellyBean Android rooting package for Galaxy S Advance from here.
- After downloading it, do not extract it. Just copy the file (root.zip) as it is on the external memory card of your phone (yeah, external micro-SD card inserted in your phone).
- Switch off your device. Make sure it is atleast 30-40% charged.
- Press volume up + home + power keys together for few seconds until Samsung Logo appears to enter into recovery mode.
- Use volume up/down key to navigate to Apply Update From External Storage. Press power button to select this option.
- Select root.zip on the next screen from the list of files shown. (Navigate up-down by volume up/down key, to select, press power key).
- Within few seconds, your phone will be successfully rooted. Now select ../ to go back and then select Reboot option to start phone in normal mode.
- On start of phone, it’ll show you notification that Android is upgrading. A new app is automatically installed – SuperSu.
- Go to Apps and launch SuperSu. It’ll ask to update the library. Update it (packet data/internet/wifi connection required).
- Done! Your phone is rooted. You can now install root apps on Galaxy S Advance running Jelly Bean android 4.1.2..
Moreover, to be 100% certain that your android phone is rooted, go to Google Play Store and install any such app which require root permission to work, or just install root checker. Launch it, it’ll request root permission. Tap on Grant option. Tap on Verify Root. It’ll show you congratulatory message. You can then uninstall root checker because you just confirmed root access. Although, you don’t need to verify because if you followed all the steps mentioned above successfully, you rooted Galaxy S Advance easily and certainly.